Since its formation in 1981 DWC FoodTech Pty Ltd has provided specialist consultancy services, R&D, technical support and manufacturing expertise to the national and international food and packaging industries in the following areas:
- Manufacturers of heat processed refrigerated foods and shelf-stable foods packed in metal cans, glass containers, and flexible and semi-flexible plastic and foil systems.
- Temperature and heat distribution trials and retort validation for Lagarde, Steriflow, FMC, KM, Stock, Lubeca and batch retorting systems for submission to AQIS, NPI, USFDA and other regulators.
- Assessment and evaluation of retorting, UHT, aseptic, oven, microwave and other thermal processing systems.
- Process establishment (product validation) and process filing with AQIS, MPI, USFDA and other regulators.
- Development and implementation of HACCP food safety systems.
- Evaluation of seal integrity in metal, glass, flexible and semi-flexible plastic and aluminium packaging systems through Biotest challenge studies.
- Training programs, including the AQIS and MPI Approved Persons Course for Thermal Processing Low-acid Canned Foods (in partnership with CSIRO Food and Nutritional Sciences) and Retort Supervisors Certification courses.
- Assessment of the performance of packaging systems and container manufacturing processes for Australian and international glass manufacturers and their customers.