As a Processing Authority, DWC FoodTech provides a tailored service for manufacturers of heat processed packaged foods and acts on their behalf submitting process filing applications and providing advice on industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
These services include:
- Ensuring all thermal processing equipment (retorts, UHT systems etc) are validated via temperature distribution trials, or by other means, and are operating correctly
- Establishment and evaluation of heat penetration (process evaluation) trials and evaluation of process adequacy and control
- Evaluation of process deviations (non scheduled processes)
- Submission and monitoring of thermal processes through governing regulators (AQIS, USFDA, USDA, MPI etc)
- Coordination of thermal processing procedures and practices to ensure compliance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Training of employees to meet (and go beyond) industry and regulatory requirements