(please contact us for details)ddThe Retort Supervisors Certification Course (RSCC) presents the theoretical basis underpinning thermal processing technologies for the manufacture of low-acid heat processed foods and provides practical training in the operation of retorting systems for processing cans, glass, foil and plastic containers.
The course provides:
- Theoretical and practical understanding of those factors important in the selection and delivery of thermal process schedules.
- An applied understanding of microbiological concepts and microorganisms or relavence to food safety and commercial sterility.
- Experience and understanding of the operation of over-pressure and steam retorts, UHT systems and other heat treatment processes.
- Awareness of the application of HACCP in the production of heat processed packaged foods.
- Experience and understanding in the selection and use of packaging materials.
- Awareness of the factors affecting the pressure generated in sealed containers during thermal processing.
Retort Supervisors Certification Courses are presented in-house or at central venues and are appropriate for Supervisors, QC and QA Personnel, Food Technologists, Microbiologists, and Operators involved in the manufacture of heat processed packaged foods. The course runs for four and a half days and can be tailored to suit particular manufacturing operations and retorting systems.
(please contact us for details)
CSIRO Agriculture and Food
671 Sneydes Road
Werribee VIC 3030
If our scheduled courses do not suit, please contact us as other course dates can be arranged depending on demand
DWC FoodTech run personalised in-house training that is tailored to suit the specific needs of your organisation, conducting personalised courses both nationally and internationally. The advantages of having training run onsite include:
- A tailored course specific to your organisation's operations, retorts and processing equipment
- No need to pay for staff accommodation, travel and expenses
- DWC FoodTech are able to combine training with other services, saving on potential future costs